Hi all, today I am writing my new blog post as an attempt to spread awareness in teenagers. Last year you all might have heard about the “Blue Whale” suicidal game. This game caught the attention of almost every person across the globe. No doubt, teenagers are fond of playing online games, but these games are causing a threat to their safety. A new online threatening game has become the talk of the town. Let’s discover about the Momo game.
Highlights of Momo Game:
- Momo, an online game targets young children over WhatsApp,Facebook, and YouTube etc.
- Different threatening targets are given to the teenagers by using WhatsApp messenger like watching horror movies alone, waking up at unusual hours, and shooting suicidal videos.
- The threatening targets are given to the teenagers by a controller over WhatsApp.
- The picture of a sculpture is used to send several challenges to the teenagers. It is a grotesque image of half-bird and half-lady.
- Momo challenge is a hoax to trap youngsters to extract their personal information.
- Recently a 12-year-old teenage girl attempted suicide in Argentina near Buenos Aires. This alleged suicide attempt is linked to Momo Game.
What should parents do to deal with the mess?
It is extremely important to deal with this menace as soon as possible before it claims the life of teenagers on a large scale. Some important steps to distract teenagers from the evils of this game are mentioned below:
- Parents should keep a vigil on the activities of their child.
- Parents should start spending more time with their loving buds and must stand as an emotional support to them.
- Make sure that your ward spends a decent time in outdoor activities.
- Try to keep them distracted on various social media platforms.
- Build an intimate bond with your child so that they can feel free to share anything with you.
Always remember your motive is not to suppress the teenagers, rather than your ambition is to keep them aware of the threats of online games.
Some precautions for teenagers:
- Teenagers should have a strong determination to come out of all this mess. Teenagers should understand:
- Safety is a major concern rather than deriving pleasure from playing an online game.
- If as a teenager, you are somehow trapped in these fishy activities of the Momo game, then you should immediately inform your elders.
- Always understand life is the most precious gift given by God. So, don’t spoil it by indulging in an unnecessary trap.
- To break the monotony of their life teenagers can make new friends and have fun with them. This will drastically reduce their dependency on the teenagers.
- Do use social media sites if necessary but don’t be an addict to these social media sites.
All in all, security and security of a teenager is a collective responsibility of the parents and society. So, every person must put in maximum efforts to ensure the safety of their beloved teenagers.